Inspired by some recent success at getting more focused on projects by having a fortnightly check-in with some friends in a chat room, I’ve decided that at the start of each week (either Sunday or Monday night depending on commitments), I’m going to post a list of goals I’d like to achieve in the following week. The idea is that the whole list is something I can relatively easily accomplish given whatever I’ve already got on that week. And the next week, I’ll write a little about any of the goals I failed at or where success was interesting.
This week’s goals:
- Cook two meals. At least one of which I’ve not cooked before and both of which require more effort than a stirfry.
- Take a packed lunch to work twice.
- Go for a 2+ hour hike one morning on the weekend.
- Find something old, unused, and unloved to sell, trash, or give away.
- Get up early before work one morning and run 4K.
- Write four moderately detailed enhancement issues for Maso.
- Write a few hundred words about the move-based approach for Whitecliff and why it probably won’t work no matter how much I want it to.